Saturday 18 February 2012

The Walling Wail.


     Today was a walling day. This means I was not flooring. Hurray. I don't mind walling. I finished putting up all of the remaining lining paper. I gave the already painted walls their second coat. I thought the stain on The Stage was still a little pale, so that got another coat of varnish. I moved some of the furniture in (although you won't see it until the decorating is finished), because downstairs was starting to look like Lovejoy's lock-up. I went to Cost Right Cash and Carry in Blackburn for some bits and bobs (take that B & Q - you're not the only game in town, you know). No photos today. The wallpaper is wrinkly, the paint is wet. Photos wouldn't look right. 

If you want something to look at, look at this : -


This is my tea. It's a roast dinner - roast chicken, roast potatoes, boiled new potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, peas, green beans, carrots and gravy.

1 comment:

  1. I've spent 3 days moving Siobhan into new flat so was doing a bit of DIYing myself.....and we had a very similar dinner cooked amongst the ikea flat packs. I have water resitant filler all over my hands which I spent a three n half hour drive trying to pick off but can't....would turps or white spirit help? Is this an advice blog ????

    ReplyDelete